Today, September 21st, HELIX Medical Centers' staff wears Purple to show our commitment to a world without Alzheimer's. The Alzheimer's Association is the leading, global voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care and support, and the largest private, nonprofit funder of Alzheimer's research. The Alzheimer’s Association works on a global, national and local level to enhance care and support for all those affected by Alzheimer’s and related dementias. They offer the following assistance:
- They have local chapters across the nation, providing services within each community. Find a chapter near you.
- They have a profesionnaly staffed 24/7 Helpline (1.800.272.3900 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting FREE 1.800.272.3900 end_of_the_skype_highlighting) offering information and advice to more than 250,000 callers each year and providing translation services in more than 170 languages.
- They help people find clinical trials through their free service Alzheimer’s Association TrialMatch, which makes it easy to search opportunities based on personal criteria.
- They house the Alzheimer's Association Green-Field Library, the nation's largest library and resource center devoted to increasing knowledge about Alzheimer's disease and related dementias.
- Their safety services, Comfort Zone and MedicAlert® + Alzheimer’s Association Safe Return®, provide location management for people with Alzheimer’s who wander.
- Their annual Walk to End Alzheimer's™ is the nation's largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer's care, support and research.